What would make Greater Sudbury greener? This Earth Day, pitch your big idea!
Greater Sudbury, Monday, April 17, 2017– “Think global, act local” is a catchphrase for Earth Day, and every day. This Earth Day, Coalition for a Liveable Sudbury invites you to pitch your Big Idea for making Greater Sudbury greener. What citizen led projects or initiatives would make a big difference in making our community more sustainable?
Share your ideas by April 30, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, on the on-line feedback form at http://www.liveablesudbury.org/contact, on the Coalition for a Liveable Sudbury Facebook page, or in the Project Impact Facebook group. If your idea is one of the ones that generate the most excitement, you’ll have the chance to share it publicly at the Coalition for a Liveable Sudbury AGM May 30.
- What if…..our energy was sustainable, local, and community owned?
- What if….substandard rental properties were transformed into affordable net zero housing with virtually no carbon emissions…and no hydro bill?
- What if….every neighbourhood had a community garden where neighbours grew food together?
- What if….neighbours shared tools, equipment, and even vehicles and spare room for visitors?
- What if…..every community had a bike co-op where any of us could afford a bike and learn how to keep it in good repair?
- What if…..there was a drop-in repair centre where you could mend and repair your possessions instead of sending them to the landfill?
- What if…..neighbours helped neighbours disconnect downspouts from the sanitary system and plant shoreline buffers to protect our water?
- What if….a land trust purchased and protected valuable and ecologically sensitive local green space
As citizens, we can come together to make a difference! What’s YOUR Big Idea?
About Coalition for a Liveable Sudbury – we are a grassroots network of citizen groups and individuals who share a vision of Sudbury as a green, healthy and engaged community. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com, call 705-691-5538 or visit www.liveablesudbury.org.
The Sudbury working-group of The Media Co-op is creating independent media in the North, to speak to our issues and outlooks on our communities as well as the world around us. Independent media provides an avenue for people who are wishing to gain critical perspective on the issues that matter most to us, and to give a voice to those people and stories that you won't find in the mainstream media. Contact the Sudbury Working Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Facebook.
Support local grassroots media - get a membership! Our goal is to raise $2000 per year to pay local writers for local content and support emerging writers. Help us reach that goal. Download a membership form here.
We are able to pay for a limited number of strong local pieces. Contact us to pitch an idea, or for story ideas.
We encourage local grassroots groups to submit content about their work, issues and events. We also have resources available to help grassroots groups get their message out. Find out more here.
The Media Co-op's flagship publication features in-depth reporting, original art, and the best grassroots news from across Canada and beyond. Sign up now!